Meek’s was founded in 1919 in Springfield, Missouri and now we’re officially turning 100!
Just for fun, Meek’s is officially as old as:
- Grand Canyon National Park (Established as a national park in 1919)
- Treaty of Versailles (signed June 28 in France, ending WWI and establishing the League of Nations)
- The book “The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse” by V. Blasco Ibanez
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! (first appears as a cartoon under this title in The New York Globe on October 16)
- The words copacetic, wonky, semi-trailer, radio, supercharge, heavy-lifting, penne, offline, chai, ad-lib, and bagel were just a few of the 309 words added in 1919 to the Oxford English Dictionary
- The longest Tour de France race to date (3,455 miles)
- Hotel Pennsylvania (Manhattan, New York)
We have a lot of fun things planned to celebrate the last century of business.
Here’s to the next 100 years with the best customers a company could ask for!